PMO Project Analysis
PMO Project Analysts are trained (and dedicated) to analysing program cost and/or schedule issues. Providing direct program support to the PMO Manager utilising Microsoft Project, Excel and Groove either independently or by VPN, and if required into your integrated financial management tools. Working closely with both financial and program management organisations ensuring data is timely and accurate for internal/customer performance. Reporting data in accordance with processes, procedures and business schedule.
Our Analyst will assist in the creation of phased work breakdown structures (WBS) with responsibility assignment matrixes (OBS) and milestones. Support and work with Program/Project or Assistant Managers in regular statusing of actual data for ETC forecasting and revise the schedule if necessary to achieve objectives. Provide Earned Value Management analysis and assist in the development of strategies to stay or get back on plan.
Establishment of baseline budgeted projects and tasks. Detail cost/schedule performance reporting including variance analysis. In accordance with established internal processes prepare and analyse program reports to be reviewed by senior management. Provide Gantt charts, budget reporting and percent of completion accounting data, plus ad hoc reports and graphs.
PMO Project Analysts responsibilities:
1. Review of automated program reports (EAC, Percent Complete, etc.), ensuring accuracy of all program projections.2. Provide analysis of project status.
3. Provide assistance in accurately claiming Earned Value.4. Provide assistance in resource loading and smoothing.
5. Provide assistance in developing work-at-risk requests.
6. Provide ‘what-if’ program cost analysis.
7. Provide assistance with cost analysis tools (i. e. risk management, cost impact studies, etc.).
8. Work with Finance to ensure prompt billings, as designated.9. Review budget data, ensuring budgets tie to program baseline and do not exceed contract value.
10. Work with PMs to review, reconcile and approve monthly reports.